Organic Mattresses: The Best Mattress for Baby
When choosing a crib mattress, one thing is for certain—you want your baby to be comfortable and safe throughout the duration of being inside of the crib. With all of the crib mattress choices available for purchase, which mattress selection will provide your baby with the safest and most comfortable sleep? You want to make sure that your selected mattress is comfortable, safe, and will be worth you spending top dollars for. The right mattress for you is the organic crib mattress. Keep reading for more information on organic mattresses and why it would be the most reasonable choice for you and your baby.
Why Choose Organic Mattresses?
Organic mattresses tend to cost more money and for good reason. Organic mattresses require a bit more work in its creation which would result in more money being spent when purchasing the item. In order to be considered an organic mattress, the mattress should be made of at least one of these natural materials. Also, these materials must have been included in the making of the mattress without being tampered with by using any kind of inorganic treatments, like pesticides. Because of the extra work and natural ingredients that go into making an organic mattress, the item can range anywhere from $200 to $500 for a crib size mattress. It may seem a bit pricey, but for individuals who desire a healthier and more eco-friendly method of relaxing for their children should consider investing in an organic crib mattress.
Other Important Facts
Here are other reasons to choose organic mattresses:
- Organic mattresses are hypo-allergenic.
- Any wool used in organic mattresses are insulating and anti-bacterial.
- Organic mattresses are free of carcinogenic flame retardants.
- Organic mattresses do not have any toxic chemicals or are not made by using any toxic chemicals.
- You will know if you are purchasing an organic mattress by its special labeling. The U.S. Department of Agriculture has a branch called the National Organic Program that in 2011 made it a requirement that all organic items be labeled a certain way. The only way to get a mattress labeled organic is for it to pass the USDA organic regulations.
- There are different types of organic mattresses that you can purchase. You have the coil innerspring mattress and the natural rubber mattress. The coil mattress is made of natural wool and the natural rubber mattress is made of rubber that comes from rubber trees from Malaysia. These can be seen as organic versions of the foam mattress and the spring mattress.
When it is all said and done, the only reason to not choose an organic crib mattress is because you would rather go with a crib mattress that is less costly. However, no amount of money can take the place of the comfort and safety of your baby. Organic crib mattresses are the best way to ensure the safety and comfort of the most precious being in your life.